Minecraft World's Weekly Server Challenge: Buildings Throughout Time
Though Weekly Challenges are not required, they were created in order to help our builders on the server get out of that artistic block they may be facing. We want the Weekly Challenges to inspire you to help you create something magnificent! We also want you to post your tips and tricks, as well as your build! You can do so by clicking HERE and posting to the community corkboard.
The idea behind the Weekly Challenges is to share your quick tips and tricks related to the topic at hand with the community. Every week is something different, so be sure to check the Blog every Monday!
Without further ado, this week's Weekly Challenge is... Buildings Throughout Time: Medieval!
Use /warp Challenge to be taken to the designated building area for this week's challenge.
A daily player suggested this week's challenge, so thank you to Silverbug12 for your great idea! We took Silverbug12's idea, but I wanted to narrow it down a bit so that the entries weren't as scattered.
We're looking for your creations to revolve around the Middle Ages, so be sure to do some research before getting started! There are so many options with this week's challenge, so I can't wait to see what you guys and gals come up with!
- Submissions should be created in the designated area in the server. Use /warp Challenge to be taken to the area.
- Admins will extend the Cyan border at /warp Challenge if you need more room.
- Be sure to put a sign in the front of your creation telling who helped you with the project, what it is, etc. The more information we have, the better!
- You *can* make a castle, but please try to be creative. We don't want everyone making castles!
- In order for your entry to count, it MUST be something you created on the WonderHowTo server.
- Do not claim a build as your own if you did not create it—we will know!
- If you worked with someone on a project, please mention their name as well and what they contributed.
- Post your tutorial, creation and/or tips to the community corkboard in order to be considered for each week's contest.
- You cannot submit the same creation more than once to the corkboard.
- For Weekly Challenges, you cannot use a previous entry you have already submitted in the past.
- You CAN enter BOTH the Weekly Challenge and the Weekly Staff Choice Awards in the same week.
- Winners will be announced next Monday at 3pm EST!
- 1 Grand Prize winner - Contributor rank in game + Mob Disguise: Slime!
- Honorable Mentions - Contributor rank in game!
*Contributor rank in game allows you to change your gamemode (survival/creative), put yourself in godmode (/god), set 20 homes, claim 50 (16x16) plots and wear hats with /hat!
*Mob Disguise: Slime allows you to turn into a Slime! Do "/md slime" in game to turn yourself into a Slime, and "/md" to turn back into yourself!
GRAND PRIZE WINNER:
- Jimmywang77 and his amazing pixel art creation!
- Vusmeree and his Apple-themed Minecraft skin, complete with the original rainbow Apple logo!
- SpudMunkey and his awesome Skrillex logo!
- If any of you ever have any suggestions for next week's Challenge, post it in the comments below! We'd love to get your opinion!
Good luck, and have fun! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Don't forget, use - /warp Challenge to be taken to the designated area to create your weekly challenge build!
Follow us on Twitter @MinecraftHowTo!