Come Build Us Your Best Minecraft Elevator in Our New Weekly Redstone Competition!
COMPETITION IS OVER COMPETITION IS OVER COMPETITION IS OVER
As most of you already know, I'm iDwarf, the newest moderator on the WonderHowTo Minecraft server. I started a poll the other day asking users if they would enjoy a redstone-related weekly competition, and the response was great. Kendra, known as Maroselis in-game, is still holding her Weekly Challenges, which start every Monday, so don't worry!
I will be running these competitions entirely, though the other admins will still help judge! These redstone competitions will begin every Wednesday and will last for one week. Winners will be posted (along with the next build concept for the next competition) at 3 PM EST every week on Wednesdays. So don't miss out.
These competitions will award their own prizes, separate from the Weekly Challenges and Staff Awards. So, think of these competitions as their own category. You could win mob disguises and even a new rank (RS_Master) in-game!
Let's get started, shall we?
Stairs too boring? Ladders aren't your thing? Does your build need that special something to make it stand out? Why not put in an elevator? Elevators can be a very fast way to travel up and down depending on your design. If you would like to participate in this week's redstone challenge, visit /warp elevator and get to building!
I have created several plots for you to choose from. This will help keep things organized, so please use the plots! If your creation ends up being larger than you expected, you can combine a few plots together if needed!
Good luck, this week's challenge should be a very interesting one!
- Submissions should be created in the designated area in the server. Use /warp elevator to be taken to the area.
- If there are no more plots available at the warp, ask an Admin to add some more!
- If you build your creation outside of the Stone border, ask an Admin to copy/paste it into the appropriate area.
- Be sure to put signs in the front of your creation telling who helped you, etc. The more information we have, the better!
- In order for your entry to count, it MUST be something you created on the WonderHowTo server.
- Do not claim a build as your own if you did not create it—we will know!
- If you worked with someone on a project, please mention their name as well and what they contributed.
- Post your tutorial, progress, creation and/or tips to the community corkboard in order to be considered for each week's contest.
- You cannot submit the same creation more than once to the corkboard.
- You CAN enter the Weekly Redstone Competitions, Weekly Challenges and the Weekly Staff Choice Awards all in the same week.
- Winners will be announced next Wednesday at around 12 PM PST (3 PM EST)!
- 1 Grand Prize Winner - RS_Master rank in game + DisguiseCraft: Your choice (you can pick any available creature)!
- Honorable Mentions (2nd, 3rd Place Winners) - Contributor rank in game! (If already a contributor, you will get a mob skin of your choice!)
* RS_Master rank in game allows you to do all of the things a contributor can do, but you will also get access to the /nyan command! This command lets you fly around with a rainbow of wool behind you like a nyan cat!
* Contributor rank in game allows you to change your gamemode (survival/creative), put yourself in godmode (/god), set 20 homes, claim 50 (16x16) plots and wear hats with /hat!
* DisguiseCraft is the exact same thing as Mob Disguise, but since Mob Disguise wasn't updated for 1.2.3, we are using this new amazing plugin. Not only does it have the option of colored sheep, but also baby animals/mobs! DisguiseCraft allows you to turn into a mob in Minecraft.
- Are you experienced with creating elevators?
- Are you looking to team up with anyone, or do you need help with some redstone wiring? Leave a comment below!
- Do you have a suggestion for next week's redstone competition?
Good luck and have fun! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Don't forget, use /warp elevator to be taken to the designated area to create your weekly redstone challenge build!
Follow us on Twitter @MinecraftHowTo!