A Minecraft house can have little else cooler than a hidden door. Indeed nothing quite screams accomplished potion master like a hidden lab behind a retractable bookcase. With the advent of pistons many hidden things are possible, like the hidden staircase we did a few weeks ago. Some piston doors are overly complex and and built with miles of redstone running amok, but this isn't necessary. With a bit of redstone ingenuity a hidden redstone door can be a thing of convenience and ease!
Step 1 Place and Activate the Pistons
Step 2 Connect the Piston Activators with Redstone
Step 3 Connect Redstone to the Opposite Side of the Hidden Door
Step 4 Cover Up the Door and Place Pressure Plates
There's no need to place miles of redstone to create an excellent hidden door. As you can see, this type of piston door can be easily integrated into your home, hidden temple, potions lair, modern building, or whatever you can dream up.
Do you have questions, or a request for a future how-to? Let us know in the comments section below!
Follow us on Twitter @MinecraftHowTo!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades