You heard right. This one is hot off the presses! Last night, Notch promised a 1.9 Version 3 Update and here it is!
Jens confirmed that this update would include: "simplified potion system, added some new items and enchantment table (wip) + babies" and probably much more! Players are quickly making discoveries, though.
The list of discoveries includes:
- Enchanting Table
- Eye of Ender
- Brewing Stand
- Cauldron Icon
- Crystal Block (will investigate)
- Golden Apples' tool-tip appears pink - the apple itself has a shine effect
- Baby animals
- Mysterious Black Goop
- Download the update by clicking here. Save the file in a folder somewhere with easy access, like your desktop.
- The quickest way to open your .minecraft folder is to open your start menu and in the search bar type, "run". Your computer's Run program should appear. When it does, open it and type %appdata% in the "Open Tab" and click "OK". Your appdata/roaming file should be open before you.
- Open the .minecraft folder, and then open your bin folder.
- Inside your bin folder you will see a "minecraft" file. Right-click on the file and hit "Rename". Now this is your old minecraft.jar file, so be sure to name it something you'll remember like "minecraftold".jar or "minecraft1.8".jar.
- Finally, drag and drop the 1.9 Version 3 file you downloaded into your bin folder. Be sure that it is named "minecraft" exactly.
You're done! Now you can open Minecraft and play 1.9.3. If and when you decide to play your old version of Minecraft, which you will need for any servers that are not currently 1.9 Version 3, just rename your current minecraft.jar something like, "minecraft1.9.3". Rename your old jar file "minecraft".jar, and you will be able to play the old version again.
If you plan on accessing your .minecraft file on a regular basis for things like new updates, follow these steps:
- Open your start menu and select "Control Panel".
- There should be a search feature in the upper right hand corner. In it type, "Hidden files" and press enter. A file named "Folder Options: Show Hidden Files and Folders" should appear.
- Click on "Show Hidden Files and Folders" and a menu will appear. In the menu there will be a prompt that says, "Hidden Files: Don't Show / Show". Select the "Show" button and click "Apply". I've included a picture of the selection below.
Now you can access your .minecraft folder anytime. Simply go to Start/User (your computer username)/appdata/roaming/.minecraft. This file also holds your texture packs and mods!
Stay tuned for more update discoveries and let us know what you find!
Follow us on Twitter @MinecraftHowTo
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades