Note to admins: If there's anything wrong with the links or the article itself (legality), let me know.
Hello guys! Hope everyone's doing well.
As the title says, this article will help you install Ether's Unbelievable Shaders for Minecraft versions 1.6.2-1.6.4. I'm sure a lot of you know what this does, but if not, here's a little refresher:
I've installed these Shaders many times myself, and I've always used videos on YouTube to help me. Recently, our newest moderator Kevin and I decided to put out a written article on this subject; we found it was much easier to follow and go back on the instructions of a written tutorial than a video. And the tools on WonderHowTo only make this easier. Let's get started shall we?
Believe it or not, it's actually easier to install shaders now.
- Forge: Forge essentially creates new id spaces in Minecraft's "id directory" so we can add more items for it to load. Get the Forge Installer here. Grab the same version as your Minecraft one.
It should look something like this:
- Shaders: These are the actual shaders you will choose.
Warning: Test the lite version first then go up from there, unless you know your PC is powerful enough to run this mod. Even the lite version is very resource intensive.
Get the files from here. You will have to scroll down a little.
You have the option to choose from:
Ultra No Blur
Ultra Motion Blur
- Shaders Mod Core: Go here and download ShadersMod v2.0.1 beta 18 for 1.6.2. This will also work for 1.6.4.
- Open your appdata folder. To do this:
- Click start.
- In the search box, type in %APPDATA% (Win XP users, click on Run, and then type it in).
From here you can click the .Minecraft folder. I suggest using a fresh install of Minecraft but you do not have to. (You need to delete everything in the versions folder to get a fresh install).
The .minecraft folder should look something like this (Note: You may not have some items, I have a lot of mods):
- Install forge. To do this, just run the installer you downloaded.
- Install ShadersModCore. Copy the file to the mods folder.
- If its not there already, make a folder (inside .minecraft) called "shaderpacks". Place your downloaded shaders inside this folder.
Now start up Minecraft and in the main menu, click "New Profile" at the bottom left. Once on this screen you need to give it a name and select "use version" release 1.6.2-forge(Version Number Here).
If you make it to the main menu in-game, you should be good! Now just go to Options > Shaders, choose your desired shaders and test it out.
Tip: If you have performance issues, you can try this fix:
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades