There are many ways to get around in Minecraft, from boats to mine carts, but did you know that you can travel even faster on foot? That's right, by creating a running track, players can run at super speeds! Not only is it the single fastest way to travel, it's easy to build as well. No redstone wires required.
The super speed track works by creating a uniquely small space between the ground below the player and the space above him. When one runs along this unusually tight space, holding "jump", the player jumps at a rapid rate, creating an up and down bounce that effectively moves the player along at almost twice the normal speed, almost like a bouncy ball ricocheting in between two walls.
Step 1 Place Ice as the Ground for Your Track
Step 2 Place Trap Doors
Step 3 Place Glass Above the Track
Step 4 Run On Your Track!
Players running along these tracks have been clocked at over 16 blocks per second. That's twice as fast as a mine cart on a powered rail!
Follow us on Twitter @MinecraftHowTo!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades