One of the most efficient crops to grow in Minecraft is the melon. While not the best at boosting your health meter, melons require little work and they take about as long as wheat to grow. The best thing about melons is that once harvested, they will essentially grow back forever and with a little redstone, the work is practically done for you. Indeed the only trouble with melons is getting their seeds in the first place, which requires looting abandoned mine shaft chests. Below, the necessary steps for creating an automatic harvester to get you started on your own automatic melon farm.
Step 1 Dig an Irrigation Trench
Step 2 Add the Auto Harvester
Step 3 Plant Your Melons
Step 4 Harvest Your Melons!
Now all you need to do is sit back and let the melon crop do the work for you. You can survive on melon alone with the press of a button. As long as your redstone is wired up to repeaters you can make your melon farm as big as you want. Enjoy!
If you have any questions or suggestions for future How-To's, feel free to post them in the comments section below.
Follow us on Twitter @MinecraftHowTo!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades