Last week's challenge was to build some futuristic creations, and the results were nothing less than spectacular. Just about everyone on the server entered and creativity was through the roof! You guys and gals really outdid yourself. I hope you're not worn down just yet, because in this week's challenge, you'll need to be even more quick on your feet!
So, without further ado, this week's challenge is... Limited Freestyle!
We're going to try something a little different this week, and I hope you guys like it! There are packages set up at /warp Challenge3 for you to choose your building supplies from. The rules for this challenge are a bit trickier than they've been in the past, so that's why it's freestyle! The full list of rules will be posted below, but there are also signs at the warp if you're in game and forget a few things.
To get to the point, you and/or your friends need to pick one package. Inside that "package" you will see a bunch of different blocks. What this means is that you can ONLY use the items shown in the package! Package 1 will be the hardest, but you guys are incredibly clever, so I don't think you will have any issues!
Of course, there are a few block types that all 3 packages can use, and those blocks are: Dirt, Grass, Stone, Trees, Mycelium, ANY non-block item, Chests, Doors, Furnaces, Crafting Tables and Glass Panes. You CANNOT use the Diamond, Gold or Iron blocks—those are just for decoration! All redstone/lighting is added to each package, just because I know how much you love redstone!
Though these Weekly Challenges are not required, they were created in order to help our builders on the server get out of any artistic blocks. We want these Weekly Challenges to inspire you to create something magnificent! We also want you to post your tips and tricks, as well as your build! You can do so by clicking HERE and posting to the community corkboard.
The idea behind the Weekly Challenge is to share your quick tips and tricks related to the topic at hand with the community. Every week is something different, so be sure to check the Blog every Monday!
- In order to be considered for this week's challenge, you must use only the items in the designated package you chose (with the exception of Dirt, Grass, Stone, Trees, Mycelium, ANY non-block item, Chests, Doors, Furnaces, Crafting Tables and Glass Panes).
- Submissions should be created in the designated area in the server. Use /warp Challenge3 to be taken to the area.
- Admins will extend the Stone border at /warp Challenge3 if you need more room.
- If you build your creation outside of the Stone border, ask an Admin to copy/paste it into the appropriate area.
- Be sure to put a sign in the front of your creation telling who helped you with the project, what it is, etc. The more information we have, the better!
- In order for your entry to count, it MUST be something you created on the WonderHowTo server.
- Do not claim a build as your own if you did not create it—we will know!
- If you worked with someone on a project, please mention their name as well and what they contributed.
- Post your tutorial, creation and/or tips to the community corkboard in order to be considered for each week's contest.
- You cannot submit the same creation more than once to the corkboard.
- For all Weekly Challenges, you cannot use a previous entry you've already submitted in the past.
- You CAN enter BOTH the Weekly Challenge and the Weekly Staff Choice Awards in the same week.
- Winners will be announced next Monday at 12 PM PST (3 PM EST)!
- 1 Grand Prize winner - Contributor rank in game + Nyan Cat (/nyan)!
- Honorable Mentions - Contributor rank in game!
* Contributor rank in game allows you to change your gamemode (survival/creative), put yourself in godmode (/god), set 20 homes, claim 50 (16x16) plots and wear hats with /hat!
* Nyan Cat is a plugin I just installed for the winners of this week. Here's a quick video showing what it does:
GRAND PRIZE WINNERS:
- DuckstheName, Unbeatabl3 and JungdaPanda and their Futuristic Mansion. This mansion is out of this world—literally! They have so many redstone contraptions, so I definitely recommend watching the video or checking out the build at /warp Challenge2. Jungda's Airship was so incredibly detailed and thought out, I don't know how he did it. This build is not only futuristic in every way possible, but the design inside is just mind blowing. They spent hours each day putting work into it, and it definitely paid off!
- BrickChiken and his Far Space Colonization Outpost definitely made an impact. Brick's build was completely thought out and it showed! He even made energy collectors that you can toggle on/off with redstone. The Far Space Colonization Outpost came bundled with its own storyline to make it one of the most entertaining builds of the week!
- Woodspeople and Redmechanic created an underwater vacation getaway. I can imagine something like this in the future so easily. If you think about weekend cabin vacations while walking through this futuristic version, it just fits so well. The layout is simple, and the signs (as always) are SO entertaining! Every time I walk through one of their builds I feel like I'm reading a book, and that's what makes their builds so unique and breathtaking.
- Nova_K99 put together "President Ukemembob's Memorial - Made in 2734094"with help from doctor888 and Nicodeemus. Their build has a great futuristic look to it and the design is completely flawless.
- If any of you ever have any suggestions for next week's challenge, post them in the comments below! We would love to get your opinion!
Good luck and have fun! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Don't forget, use - /warp Challenge3 to be taken to the designated area to create your weekly challenge build!
Follow us on Twitter @MinecraftHowTo!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.