Trick Your Friends into Setting Off Dangerous Traps in This Week's Redstone Competition
Hey, it's iDwarf bringing you another redstone competition! The last one was fairly successful for being new. As you all know, I will be running these competitions entirely, though the other admins will still help judge! These redstone competitions will begin every Wednesday and will last for one week. Winners will be posted (along with the next build concept for the next competition) at 3 PM EST every week on Wednesdays. So don't miss out!
These competitions will award their own prizes, separate from the Weekly Challenges and Staff Awards. So, think of these competitions as their own category. You could win mob disguises and even a new rank (RS_Master) in-game!
Let's get started!
Are you tired of people breaking into your base and stealing your items in SMP? Got any traps you want to try out before putting them in to protect your base? Well, why don't you test them out in this week's Redstone Competition? To get to the competition, go to /warp trap in-game!
Just like last week, you'll have plots to build your traps in. This is just to keep things more organized, so please use the plots! If you build outside of the area, just ask an admin to move it into a plot so it can be a valid entry for the contest.
Good luck and remember to have fun!
- Submissions should be created in the designated area in the server. Use /warp trap to be taken to the area.
- If there are no more plots available at the warp, ask an Admin to add some more!
- If you build your creation outside of the Stone border, ask an Admin to copy/paste it into the appropriate area.
- Be sure to put signs in the front of your creation telling who helped you, etc. The more information we have, the better!
- In order for your entry to count, it MUST be something you created on the WonderHowTo server.
- Do not claim a build as your own if you did not create it—we will know!
- If you worked with someone on a project, please mention their name as well and what they contributed.
- Post your tutorial, progress, creation and/or tips to the community corkboard in order to be considered for each week's contest (not required).
- You cannot submit the same creation more than once to the corkboard.
- You CAN enter the Weekly Redstone Competitions, Weekly Challenges and the Weekly Staff Choice Awards all in the same week.
- Winners will be announced next Wednesday at around 12 PM PST (3 PM EST)!
- 1 Grand Prize Winner - RS_Master rank in game + DisguiseCraft: Your choice (you can pick any available creature)!
- Honorable Mentions (2nd, 3rd Place Winners) - Contributor rank in game! (If already a contributor, you will get a mob skin of your choice!)
* RS_Master rank in game allows you to do all of the things a contributor can do, but you will also get access to the /nyan command! This command lets you fly around with a rainbow of wool behind you like a nyan cat! (more commands may be added)
* Contributor rank in game allows you to change your gamemode (survival/creative), put yourself in godmode (/god), set 20 homes, claim 50 (16x16) plots and wear hats with /hat!
* DisguiseCraft is the exact same thing as Mob Disguise, but since Mob Disguise wasn't updated for 1.2.3, we are using this new amazing plugin. Not only does it have the option of colored sheep, but also baby animals/mobs! DisguiseCraft allows you to turn into a mob in Minecraft.
Now, let's get onto who won last week's competition!
- Winner of the competition will get the new rs_Master rank in-game and a MobDisquise: Your choice of ANY creature!
Slayer19 is the winner of this week's competition! He came up with a very creative design to get from one floor to another. Sadly, when trying to take pictures of it in action, I clicked the button with an arrow, which if you don't know, is a voxel tool and messed it up. But here's his elevator! Congratulations Slayer19!
- The honorable mentions for each week will get contributor as a prize (if an honorable mention is a contributor, they'll get a MobDisquise!)
Before DucksTheName got promoted, he managed to make a one-person elevator that currently only goes up. It can take one passenger up to the top of the elevator shaft. I'll give him a cookie for getting an honorable mention since he can already do all of the commands.
Matthew9170 is the second honorable mention of the competition! He made a very interesting mine cart elevator. Hope you don't mind bumping your head!
- Will you be participating in this week's redstone competition?
- Are you looking for a few more helping hands for a project that seems like it might be too much to handle?
- Do you have a suggestion for next week's redstone competition?
Good luck and have fun! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Don't forget, use /warp trap to be taken to the designated area to create your weekly challenge build!