I sometimes play on a survival server where griefing is not only allowed, but almost encouraged. Keeping yourself safe and other on their toes is important. :)
So, I came up with this simple TNT + pressure plate trap.
I know what you are all thinking at the moment. "Aaaw, not THAT old trick." And no, it isn't.
Well, the base is the old TNT, sand, and plate trap. That never works because no one steps on random plates in the desert. Even if they did, they wouldn't stay long enough to be blown up. So we need to add something.
Ta-da! A house. Since a pressure plate in front of a door doesn't raise as much suspicion as one laying around in the wild. But since people still will walk right through the door and escape the TNT explosion, we need to be a bit sneaky.
When placing the door, we "hug" the right wall like this:
Which will make the door to be open when the plate is idle, and closed as soon as someone steps on it.
Just close the door by hand when you are done building, stay away from the pressure plate and the automatic door opening that people will expect is replaced by a fall and fizzing TNT.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades