PvP + Traps = Awesomeness! in This Week's Redstone Competition
HELLO, FELLOW MINECRAFTERS. Pmaguire here, bringing you my favorite idea for a competition so far! I hope that you will come to love it as much as I do! Well, starting off, as the title states, this week's Redstone Competition will be PvP Arenas! Except, not just ones where you physically fight. You have to have traps, things that make it hard to fight, and various ideas using redstone! JUST LIKE THE LAST COMPETITION, THIS WILL BE JUDGED ON THE COMPLEXITY OF THE REDSTONE! NOT ON HOW PRETTY IT LOOKS!
The warp for this competition is /warp pvp. Since this is a special competition, it will last for 2 whole weeks! Except since the website was down for a day or so, it is starting on Thursday, 6/14 and ending on Thursday, 6/28! The winner will be announced that day, but the new competition will be announced on Wednesday, 6/27, so we can keep with the rhythm!
I built a simple idea of one for you guys. Here are some photos of it.
This is a simple pvp arena. The only different from normal pvp arenas is the fact that I placed traps and weapons to fight against the other team with. You can also go pick up some buffs and some debuffs! When you are going to start off, it will drop out random items from the dispensers. You could start with a stick, a cookie, and butter shoes (aka gold boots). This is all random! It add excitement to each round!
HERE IS THE MAIN RULE!
You will need to have 1 leader for each building team! 2 people per build is the minimum. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BUILD ALONE IN THE COMPETITION AND ALL ARENAS MUST BE IN THE BUILDING AREA. WE WON'T COUNT YOUR BUILD AS QUALIFYING IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES. We will move your build to the area if you need it though. Now listen carefully. Only the leader of your team will get the full rank up. If the leader of your building team is Tier 3, they get promoted to Tier 4 and the same if they are higher Tiers. Everyone that isn't the leader will get a rank up, but if you are Tier 3 or higher, you don't get a rank up, just a disguise. Here is an example: If there are 3 people on your team and the 2 helpers are Tier 2, and your leader is Tier 5. Then if you win, you will all get rank ups. So, 2 will go to Tier 3 and the leader will go to Tier 6!
Now, if your leader is Tier 1-6 (7 not included) and 2 of the helpers are Tier 3-6, and you win, then only the leader will get the rank up. The other helpers will not get any rank up. Only a disguise of their choice!
Another thing. You can only help on 1 build. So once you are with a team, you are there for good (unless otherwise noted by some problem). You can go and help people, but you won't be able to receive anything if they win the competition! You will be required to put your name somewhere on the build with a sign. Also, don't just remove your sign and place it on the winning team's team. We will just ask them if you were trying to cheat, and it will result in a Temp Ban for however long we feel is necessary.
So, I am hoping that this makes sense. If you have any questions, ask in game about what to do. Sorry that I wrote so much, it is just so I can clarify every possible question.
Start making your teams now! Oh... and admins are also taking part in this competition! So try to grab one as fast as you can!
- Submissions should be created in the designated area in the server. Use /warp pvp to be taken to the area.
- Admins will extend the Stone border if you need more room.
- If you build your creation outside of the Stone border, ask an Admin to copy/paste it into the appropriate area.
- Be sure to put a sign in the front of your creation telling who helped you with the project, what it is, etc. The more information we have, the better!
- In order for your entry to count, it MUST be something you created on the WonderHowTo server.
- Do not claim a build as your own if you did not create it—we will know!
- If you worked with someone on a project, please mention their name as well and what they contributed.
- For all Weekly Challenges, you cannot use a previous entry you've already submitted in the past.
- You CAN enter the Replication, Weekly Challenge, Weekly Redstone Competition and the Weekly Staff Choice Awards in the same week.
- Winners will be announced next Wednesday, 6/28/2012, around 2 PM PST (5 PM EST)!
- The Leader of Your Team - A new rank up in game + DisguiseCraft: Your choice (you can pick any available creature)!
- Honorable Mentions* (2nd, 3rd Place Winners) - A rank up in game! (If already Tier 3, you will get a mob skin of your choice!)
* DisguiseCraft is the exact same thing as Mob Disguise, but since Mob Disguise wasn't updated for 1.2.3, we are using this new amazing plugin. Not only does it have the option of colored sheep, but also baby animals/mobs! DisguiseCraft allows you to a mob in Minecraft.