Music is a big part of life, but it's an often-ignored part of Minecraft. Included in the game are note blocks which, when used properly, can create a variety of sounds and music.
But music can be more than just songs. Remember how a special little theme plays in Zelda each time Link finds a chest or a secret? You can do that in Minecraft, too.
Music and sounds can be used to create atmosphere, to reward a player, to make your builds more interactive, or any of a variety of other things.
Note blocks, as pictured above, change their type of sounds based on what block they're on top of, and can be changed to any note by right-clicking.
You can use this helpful chart from the Minecraft Wiki to see what note is what:
It can still be a little intimidating to just jump into, so come visit our workshop for a hands-on lesson!
The workshop is this Saturday, June 30th at 1 pm PST (4 pm EST) on our Minecraft server, mc.wonderhowto.com. It's best if you use TeamSpeak, so please join our free TeamSpeak server, ts.wonderhowto.com.
Hope to see you there!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades